2022 – It’s Time to Move On
The effects of the pandemic have been felt by all. It’s been a rough road for many and as people are trying to turn their attention to optimism and hope and restarting busineses, website trends for 2022 should feature positive attitudes, creative imagery and thoughtful elements.
Though design trends come and go (yet are important marks for current events), don’t underestimate standards. Privacy concerns, website security and eliminating roadblocks to customer engagement should be front and center.
Move on Confidently with Credibility
Increased Security Measures
Chrome has standardized non-HTTPS websites as non-secure. Websites without HTTPS encryption will fall under the radar and fail to attract visits. Eighty-one of the top 100 most visited sites on the web use HTTPS by default.
Privacy and security advocates have long encouraged the makers of web browsers to include indicators that help users understand if the website they are viewing is safe to share information with. The inclusion of the “not secure” tag should discourage Chrome users from giving personal information to sites that do not utilize proper encryption.
Security Certificates – where to get them?
Paid and free options are available for website security certificates. Reputable website hosts such as SiteGround include SSL certificates as part of their standard hosting packages.
Keep in mind your website sets the first impression in milliseconds! Credibility factors on a business website either instill trust or distrust.
Privacy policies should be in place on every website that collects data with a clear guide as to what is done with the information and how the web visitor can access their information if desired.
Does your website pass the credibility check? Take a look at 41 factors that influence credibility here.
For the business website, don’t make people guess as to what you are selling or your services. Remember the days with the landing page before the actual website – enter here? Gone are those days!
Provide clear, concise information. Attention spans are shorter than ever and your most important message on a website should start at the top.
2022 – With an Eye Towards Design – Outside the Box – Multi Layers and More
Layering with different colors and textures, repeating irregular patterns, use of white space, and creative use of typography create a sense of depth not normally found in grid-based layouts.
For website design in 2022, a creative use of elements, intentional messaging that is customer focused and delight in the details will bring interest to important messages online.
Tips for Tech Success Going Forward
• If you are unsure if your website caters to the mobile crowd—take Google’s mobile-friendly test:
• Make sure to research and implement a response web design (RWD) that conveys ease of use, speed and security.
• Select reliable hosting that will grow with your business. Having worked with dozens of hosting companies over the years, Siteground is the most stable and offers the best support.
• Voice searches are a popular medium for web users to track-down websites: Keep content written like a question/answer format to attract voice searches.
• Revise old blog content to attract organic searches. If your website is infrequently updated, it will decline in Google feeds and may become invisible. Put the effort into your content!